Last updated: March 4, 2020
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
We, at The Israeli government, the Ministry of Tourism ("us", "we" or the "Ministry") respect the privacy of our users (each, a "User" or "you") and are committed to protect the privacy of Users who access, download, install, register, use or engage with our website, our mobile application(s), and any other service we provide (the "Website" and "App" respectively, and collectively the "Service(s)").
GROUNDS FOR DATA COLLECTION
Processing of your “Personal Data” (meaning any information which may potentially allow your identification, either directly or by using reasonable means) is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you, for providing you with our Services and the operation of our Website, to protect our legitimate interests and for compliance with legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
WHAT TYPE OF DATA WE COLLECT?
In the course of using the Services, we may collect certain Personal Data to provide and improve the Services, to contact or identify you, to enable you to access certain parts of the Service or as otherwise indicated in this Policy. We collect the following Personal Data about you:
- When you send us an email or contact us through a contact form on the Website, we will collect your name and email address so we could respond to your inquiry. We may also collect any Personal Data that you choose to include in your inquiry to us.
- Our webserver may also automatically collect your IP address, and unique online identifiers. These details are pseudonymized (cannot directly identify you) and are collected for the purpose of delivering relevant content and operating and improving our Service.
We also collect data about the use of our Service and the characteristics and activities of users, in order to operate it and improve it. We may collect the following non-Personal Data: Your operating system, device type, session start/stop time, time zone, network connection type (e.g., Wi-Fi, cellular), your general location (city and country), and general information regarding your browser and device.
If we combine Personal Data with non-Personal Data, the combined data will be treated as Personal Data.
HOW DO WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT?
- Provision of the Service – we will use the Personal Data you provide us for the provision and improvement of our Service, providing customer support and to respond to your queries.
- Service announcements - we will use your Personal Data to communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates to our Service and offer you service offers.
- Analytics, surveys and research - from time to time, we may conduct surveys or test features, and analyze the data we have to develop, evaluate and improve these features, all in order to improve our Services and offerings, and think of new and exciting features for our users.
- Protecting our interests - we may use your Personal Data when we believe it’s necessary in order to take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, investigate and protect ourselves from fraud, protect the security or integrity of our services and protect the rights and property of the Ministry, its users and/or partners.
- Enforcing of policies - we may use your Personal Data in order to enforce our policies, including but not limited to our Terms.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements - we may use your Personal Data to investigate violations, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- Newsletter - we may use your Personal Data in order to send you our newsletter, if you subscribed to it.
- Opt-out of receiving our newsletter - You may choose not to receive our newsletter by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link contained therein. Please note that even if you unsubscribe, we may continue to send you Service-related updates and notifications, or reply to your queries and feedback you provide us.
When you visit or access our Services we use (and authorize 3rd parties to use) pixels, cookies, events and other technologies (collectively, "Tracking Technologies"). Those allow us to automatically collect information about you, your device and your online behavior, in order to enhance your navigation in our Services, improve our Services’ performance, perform analytics and customize your experience. In addition, we may merge data we have with data collected through these tracking technologies and data we may obtain from other sources and, as a result, such data may become Personal Data.
Types of Tracking Technologies We Use
There are two broad categories of cookies: (a) First party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, and (b) Third party cookies, served by a third party. We use third party cookies for functionality, performance and analytics, and social media purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are "session cookies" and expires upon closing of your browser. Other cookies are "persistent cookies", meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by websites to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
Interest-Based Advertising & User Choice
Through our Services, we may display advertisements that are tailored to you, for example ads or partner services that are based on your recent browsing behavior. In order to tailor advertisements and services in which you might be interested, we as well as certain third parties may use Tracking Technologies to display advertisements based on your visits to the Websites, to target advertisements to you for products and services in which you might be interested, and to measure the effectiveness of the ads. You can turn off certain third party Tracking Technologies used for behavioral advertising purposes by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative or by visiting the DAA opt-out program or the EDAA consumer choice page (if you reside in the EU) using the links provided below. Please note that certain Tracking Technologies operate at the device and browser level, so to fully opt-out across devices, you will need to do so on each device and browser individually, as described below as well.
There are various ways in which you can manage and control your Tracking Technologies settings. Please remember that, by deleting or blocking Tracking Technologies, some of the features of the Services may not work properly or as effectively.
Turning off cookies via your web browser
Most web browsers will provide you with some general information about cookies, enable you to see what cookies are stored on your device, allow you to delete them all or on an individual basis, and enable you to block or allow cookies for all websites or individually selected websites. You can also normally turn off third party cookies separately. Please note that the settings offered by a browser or device often only apply to that particular browser or device. Information about cookies is usually found in the "Help" section of the web browser. Below are some links to some commonly used web browsers:
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
Turning off third party cookies
You can turn off certain third party targeting/advertising cookies by visiting the following link: Network Advertising Initiative.
Other helpful resources
Turning off cookies on a mobile device
You can-opt out of certain types of interest-based advertising, by accessing the “settings” on your device:
- If you're using an Apple device you can configure your device to limit ad tracking to by clicking on "settings" > "privacy" > "advertising" and toggling "limit ad tracking" to ‘on.’
- If you're using an Android device you can opt out of most app-based tracking for advertising by opening the "Google Settings" app on your device, selecting "Ads", and then selecting the option to opt-out of interest-based ads.
Please note that the above information may change when manufacturers update their systems. Also note, that your device may use another platform, not described above. In that case, please consult the manufacturer documentation for further instructions.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Internal concerned parties - we may share your information with other government ministries, as well as our employees, as needed to provide our Services.
- Business partners - we may share your information with business partners such as storage and analytics providers who help us provide you with our Services. These third parties may have access to your Personal Data so that they may perform these tasks on our behalf, but they are obligated to comply with the highest security standards and applicable data protection legislation, and may not use your Personal Data for any other purpose.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement entities - we cooperate with other governmental agencies and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose Personal Data about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our or a third party's property and rights, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your Personal Data. Your data is stored on secure servers and isn’t publicly available. We limit access of your information only to those employees or partners on a “need to know” basis, in order to enable the carrying out of the agreement between us.
While we seek to protect your information to ensure that it is kept confidential, we cannot absolutely guarantee its security. You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of your Personal Data or other content you transmit using the Service, and you do so at your own risk.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide our Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing Personal Data, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
EU User Rights
As an EU resident, you may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Data, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of Personal Data you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your Personal Data that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data.
- Object to the processing of Personal Data by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your Personal Data by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Please note that these rights pertain to EU residents only, are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
Users Outside the EU - Some of the aforementioned rights are applicable in certain jurisdictions outside the EU as well. Users residing outside the EU are welcome to contact us for any questions or requests by using the details provided below.
TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA
If you reside in the European Union ("EU"), please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under 18 years of age, (or the age of consent as determined under the applicable laws where the individual resides; “Age of Consent”). By accessing, using or interacting with our Services, you certify to us that you are not under the Age of Consent. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the Age of Consent without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information upon discovery. If you believe that we might have any information from or about an individual under the Age of Consent, then please contact us through the contact details available below.
HOW TO CONTACT US?
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, or receive more information, please contact us using the details below:
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY